Friday, May 13, 2011

LDS Dating Sites

I apologize for not posting for a few days. I've had some things to do that just couldn't be ignored.

This week I was feeling pretty lonely. Going home to visit family away from friends and whatever social life I had if actually pretty difficult. I thought I was lonely before, but I am so lonely right now. I try to keep in contact with people back home, but most of the time they don't have time. There have been a few who have been trying to boost me. But for the most part, it's super lonely. It's easier to be lonely when you are busy. So I can't wait to get back home. It shouldn't be too long now...I can't bear much more of this. 

I was so hungry for some kind of conversation that I actually created an account on one of the LDS singles dating websites. Yeah. Then I deleted my profile after 2 days because you can't message anyone without paying.  I'm definitely never paying for a dating website, I don't care how long I'm single. It was fun (and awkward) to be perusing people's pictures and profiles. And then seeing how you "match up" with them. I only looked at the ones that I had a "high" match with. But then, all you are doing is looking at people and not getting to know anyone. That's why I left. But it was fun while it lasted. 

I think that those sites could be helpful for forming new friendships, hence the reason why I joined. It can help members of the church connect to other members and form lasting friendships outside of their area. It even lands some people a good date, or the few lucky ones find marriage through the website. I would suggest some common sense if you do sign up for one of the sites though. Make sure that you don't give out your full name, address, phone number or any personal information that might come back to bite you, if you know what I mean. If you do find a friend and want to meet them, make sure that you meet them in a public place and take a friend along. Just be safe.

I've definitely made up my mind to go home and be more proactive in my dating life. None of this waiting around for the guys to ask...I am going all out. I want to have friends...and I want to have dates. I'm done being timid. I'm done hoping that guys will notice me. That is no longer a part of me. Watch out world, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment