Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Beginning of a Journey

Everyone has a beginning. Vacations begin, school begins, life begins, journeys begin. My journey began when I was born onto this earth. I came from a place where I had learned, loved and chosen to come to earth. This place is called pre-mortality. There, you and I lived as spirit children of loving heavenly parents. We chose to journey to earth, to gain 
mortal bodies and experiences, so that someday, we could become just like them.


This journey, so far, has not been easy. I don't expect it to suddenly get easier, in fact, I expect it to get harder. I'm ready for that, though, because I have a loving Savior who knows and understands my pains and sorrows. He knows them. He knows me.

So today, as I walked to my car after a long day at work, I felt that I should share that with the world. You need to know that no matter what troubles come, God has already sent 
His Son to lift your burdens.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matt. 11:28-30)

This blog is for all of you wonderful, single women out there. I know many of you, and some I have never seen or talked to...yet.

I want you to know that I'm one of you.

I've wanted to be married ever since I can remember. I've always been a romantic. I had my first crush in kindergarten (he was my neighbor). I loved playing with dolls, playing house, imagining I was a princess soon to be rescued by a handsome prince. I wrote stories about love at age twelve. I was sure that as soon as I came of age to marry (18), I would be swept off into my happily ever after.

But that hasn't happened yet. I'm getting ready to graduate with my BS next year. I served a  mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I've dated and I've been dated.  And I've had a couple of boyfriends. And friends who are boys who don't want to be boyfriends. You know the kind. 

Here I am, still searching for someone. . . someone to love and be loved by, someone to trust, someone to admire. Someone who is a wonderful priesthood holder, who loves the Lord and puts Him first in all things. I'll save the list making for another day. 

I'll continue searching, as long as it takes. I'll suffer the pains of disappointment and the grief of Friday nights caused by not being asked out. I can only endure these because of Jesus Christ, and His everlasting love for me. I know that the promise I have to find that special someone will happen, because of Him. 

What say you, my friends? Shall we journey together?


Love,

Single Mormon Girl 

No comments:

Post a Comment